THE JOB: As a Junior Environment Artist you work hand in hand with the Art Director and the Lead Environment Artist to ensure the highest quality environments on any given project. You will be responsible for designing, painting and finalising environment artwork.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Excellent visual creativity and passion for environment art and environmental storytelling.
- Must have a good understanding of perspective drawing as a design and compositional tool, architectural design, design languages across various cultures/time periods, and be able to change and adapt across different genres and media.
- Solid understanding of environmental lighting, colour, mood, and atmospheric perspective.
- Solid 2D art skills and expertise in Photoshop, is a must.
- Experience using 3D art tools such as 3D Max, Maya, or blender is beneficial, but not crucial.
- Ability to take a scene or environment from an early concept through the pipeline to a fully rendered, high-quality finish.
- A willingness to (re-)learn the fundamentals of concept art, illustration, design & digital painting.
- This is a full-time, in-house, permanent position so willingness to (re)locate to Berlin is necessary.
- SIXMOREVODKA’s company language is English, so a good grasp of the language is a must.
WHAT WE ARE NOT LOOKING FOR
- Over-reliance on 3D, Photo Bashing & Photography.
- Lone Wolves who just want to do it “their” way.
- Portfolios filled with Characters and zero Environments.
- Portfolios only featuring a single genre (e.g. Fantasy).
- A competitive Salary along with all Company Amenities: extended paid vacation time per year, team vacations, paid field trips, advanced learning classes, fully covered health and dental insurance, etc.
- Job/Life in Berlin – one of the most entertaining & metropolitan cities in Europe.
- Opportunity to work in a small, highly professional environment, creating high-quality artwork for the biggest names in the industry as well as SIXMOREVODKA’s own internal IP’s.
If you’re interested in joining our team, send your portfolio and C.V (or a link to your website) to [email protected] with the Subject: “Junior Environment Artist Applicant”.
We are always on the lookout for bright new talent and artists who can bring their own edge to our team. We understand that team work is what makes our ideas strong and keeps our skills sharp. We review new portfolios on a weekly basis and reach out to potential candidates for additional art tests and interviews. Our hiring process is long and in depth, but it guarantees that we find the right people to work with.
We are NOT INTERESTED in unannounced, unscheduled walk-ins, personal portfolio drop offs, portfolio reviews at the door, presents that show how nice you are, recommendation letters or lunch invitations. Let your work speak for itself.